The Health Ministry said Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou will be giving a press conference at 6 pm on two confirmed cases of coronavirus. No other details were immediately available.
The two were among 42 samples sent to the Cyprus Institute for Neurology and Genetics (CING) for tests over the weekend.
Earlier on Monday, Leonidas Phylactou, President of CING board told CNA that according to the information he had on Monday morning, they were expecting the results for 35-40 suspected cases of coronavirus, but the number could have risen.
Samples are coming in from all cities and there are individuals contacting CING at their own initiative, Phylactou added.
He said that due to the strict measures the Ministry of Health put in place, there is a constant flow of samples sent to CING for checks, he added however that people should not panic.
Phylactou also noted that CING is not authorised to announce any results, but is part of the chain of measures that are put in place to protect public health. Results are sent to the Ministry of Health, which is responsible for making announcements, he concluded.
Two army camps and the Andreas Papandreou air base in Paphos are in lock down pending the results of tests after soldiers serving there came down with symptoms similar to coronavirus and have been quarantined pending tests because they had come into contact with coronavirus cases abroad.
Omorphita police station has re-opened however the police officers, lawyers and others with whom a 20 year old suspect in police custody who also has symptoms and is being tested came into contact have been asked to self isolate.
Reports said the two cases are not soldiers.