The health ministry on Friday announced 15 new cases of coronavirus out of 3241 performed and which brings the total to 750 as authorities prepared to ramp up security measures over the Easter weekend.
The new confirmed cases are:
- 4 cases found from the large-scale 20,000 tests in workers (1723 tests today)
- 3 through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (381 tests)
- 2 from hospital labs (162 tests)
- None from private initiative (388 tests)
- 6 from Okipi (state health organisations) staff (557 tests)
A total of 6499 tests have been carried out from 20,000 wider testing programme of the government.
“The picture that we see is one which satisfies us,” Dr Leontios Kostrikis told the daily press conference.
“These results reward your efforts. We are on a very good road and must continue,” he said.
Dr Marios Loizou said that at 3 pm on Friday there were 19 coronavirus hospital at the referral hospital, three of them in the special care unit.
Nine are intubated in the ICU of Nicosia and Limassol Hospital while four are in the ICU but not intubated.
Another eight are in wards in hospitals.