Ministry of Health on Thursday afternoon announced 5 cases of Covid-19 after 2322 tests, one less than yesterday.
Leontios Kostrikis said the low number of positive cases, particularly after such a high number of tests, showed that the worst case scenario had been definitively avoided.
The results are:
- None from the large-scale 20,000 tests in workers (705 tests today).
- 3 through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (233 tests)
- One from hospital labs (126 tests)
- None from repatriations (314 tests)
- One from Okypi (state health organisations) staff (149 tests). The case is from Akaki health centre; Okypy has already been notified and is taking all necessary steps.
At 3 pm on Wednesday, there were 15 patients at Famagusta Hospital, two of them in the increased care unit. All are in good condition. One patient was discharged.
There are seven intubated patients in ICUs, six at Nicosia Hospital and one at Limassol Hospital. Another three patients are in Nicosia and Limassol Hospital ICUs, but are not intubated. Their condition is described as critical but stable.
In addition, there are six confirmed Covid-19 cases in hospital wards other than Famagusta Hospital.