The Ministry of Health announced the Nine new positive coronavirus cases were announced on Friday afternoon, bringing the total to 804.
One person, a man age 69 died from Covid-19 at Nicosia Hospital, with underlying health conditions, bringing the total deaths to 14, ten men and four women.
The number of positive cases edged down to nine, four more than yesterday.
Commenting on the new results, Dr Leontios Kostrikis repeated that results allow for optimism but urged the public to continue to adhere to measures as the situation is fragile.
The results are:
- Four from the large-scale 20,000 tests in workers (1447 tests today).
- 3 through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (196 tests)
- None from public hospital labs (254 tests)
- None from repatriations (0 tests)
- Two from private initiative (659 tests)
- None from Okypi (state health organisations) staff (77 tests).
- None from 65 tests at Pyla community
From the 20,000 tests since April 11, a total of 13553 have been completed.
At 3 pm on Friday, there were 17 patients at Famagusta Hospital, two of them in the increased care unit. All are in good condition. One patient was discharged.
There are four intubated patients in ICUs, three at Nicosia Hospital and one at Limassol Hospital. Another five patients are in Nicosia and Limassol Hospital ICUs, but are not intubated. Their condition is described as critical but stable.
In addition, there are six confirmed Covid-19 cases in hospital wards other than Famagusta Hospital.