Another 15 new cases after 2,999 samples were tested Ministry of Health announced on Tuesday afternoon by the epidemiological team bringing the number of confirmed cases to 837.
All eyes have been focused on the cabinet meeting on Wednesday, where the relaxation of Covid-19 measures will be decided.
Ministry of Health for the tests of 20,000 Public and Private sector Employees, 727 laboratory diagnoses have been completed, with 2 positive results,
– Out of a total of 237 laboratory tests from the tracking process, 6 cases were found,
– Out of a total of 210 diagnoses from the General Microbiological Laboratories. Hospitals, 2 positive results were identified,
– A sample result come by a person who returned from abroad a few days ago was positive,
– Out of a total of 920 laboratory tests from a private initiative, local 4 cases,
– Out of a total of 93 laboratory diagnoses by employees at State Health Organization, no positive results were identified,
– Out of a total of 508 diagnoses from the control of 2,000 employees in the retail trade of beverages and food and nursing homes, no positive results were obtained, and
– Out of a total of 285 diagnoses from the random sampling of 800 individuals, no cases were identified.
– From the program of 20,000 laboratory tests, a total of 17,014 laboratory tests were completed on Saturday, April 11, and until today at 4 pm.
The random sampling of 800 people was completed. Of the 800 people who agreed to participate, 779 came for sampling and a positive result was identified.
Based on current data, the total number of positive cases rose to 837 (including the ten found at the British Base).
The epidemiological Team believes that the number of new confirmed cases, although increased, does not overturn the positive epidemiological picture that has been captured in recent days.
As you know, today epidemiological Team informed President in detail about the current situation, in view of the plan for a gradual lifting of restrictive measures. In view of the decisions that are expected to be taken tomorrow by the cabinet and the announcements that will be made by the government, we do not have to add anything else.
The condition of the patients
In relation to the condition of the patients, Dr Loizou said that only 15 people are being treated at the Famagusta Hospital, while four tickets have been issued. Four patients are being treated intubated, one at the Limassol ICU and three at the Nicosia ICU. Their condition is critical but stable
The 800 samples were completed and 779 were received, and only one confirmed case was identified.