A man forgot to close the stove on and left the house, causing a small explosion of a liquid-gas canister which overheated.
Μake sure all electrical appliances are off when leaving the house, we are reminded by an incident in Nicosia last night.
The fire department responded just before midnight sending two vehicles. The fire was contained before it spread to other areas of the home or nearby.
There was damage to the kitchen, but it could have been much worse if not for the fire services’ immediate response.