One new case of coronavirus was detected on Sunday, the ministry of health side, from a total of 1,445 tests.
This brings the total number of cases in Cyprus to 1,003.
The one positive result was from 216 tests taken as part of the ongoing programme of recommendations from GPs and the checking of certain groups through public health.
Other tests carried out on Sunday, which recorded no positive cases were:
- 226 from the 10,000 workers who returned to their jobs during the second and third phases of the relaxation of measures.
- Eight tests from contact tracing of already identified cases.
- Ninety-two tests are taken on private initiative.
- Six hundred ninety-nine tests were taken among repatriates and arrivals from overseas.
- One hundred eighty-four tests from the microbiology labs at general hospitals.
- Twenty tests from people who work at the courts.
One person remains in Famagusta general hospital being treated for coronavirus.