The government announced new measures for Limassol and Paphos on Wednesday to restrict the spread of the coronavirus which will see a ban on all movement in and out of the two cities for 15 days.
1. The curfew in those two cities will be from 8pm to 5am and movement in or out of the areas will be prohibited – checks will be enforced by the police.
2. The movement of persons to and from the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos is prohibited, as well as between the two Provinces, with the exception of the movements of workers in essential services, movements for a medical incident (upon presentation of a medical certificate), movements for the transfer of persons to and from Larnaca and Paphos Airports and Limassol Port.
3. Gatherings in public places (parks, squares, dams, picnic areas, beaches, sidewalks and marinas, etc.) are prohibited, except for sports purposes, provided that they do not exceed two people, except for the minor children of parents who play sports.
4. Attendance at gatherings of persons in families is allowed, with a maximum number of 10 people per home, including minors.
5. Ecclesiastical and other forms of religious worship in religious places are performed without the presence of believers.
6. Religious ceremonies (weddings, baptisms, funerals) with a maximum number of 10 people are allowed.
7. It is forbidden to hold meals / dinners and any other events for weddings and christenings, other than the event in a house with a maximum number of 10 people including minors.
8. The operation of public and private Lyceums and Higher and Higher Education Institutions from November 16, 2020 will be carried out with distance education. Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Gymnasiums continue to operate normally.
9. The public services (public, wider public sector and Local Authorities) will operate with security personnel for urgent matters and serving the citizens for emergencies. It is understood that employees in essential services are excluded from the regulation, who continue to operate smoothly in compliance with the relevant protocols. Employees who are not employed in essential services will work remotely, on a rotating basis.
10. Visits to public and private hospitals, clinics, medical and diagnostic centers are prohibited.
11. The operation of restaurants (restaurants, taverns, cafes, pizzerias, pizzerias, pubs, snack bars, bars, cafes, and restaurants within canteens and / or sports clubs, cultural clubs, clubs, associations, etc.) is suspended, with the exception of services related to home delivery and take-away. It is understood that after the travel prohibition time only the home delivery service is allowed. Dining areas inside hotels and tourist accommodation can be open until 10:30 pm only to serve people who spend the night in their premises. Dining areas within Paphos Airport are exempt from the ban.
12. The operation of archeological sites, museums and historical sites is suspended.
13. The operation of outdoor and indoor theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas and theater halls is suspended.
14. The public markets will operate with 50% fullness, based on the relevant protocol.
15. Public transport will operate at 50% of its capacity.
16. The operation of closed shopping centers, department stores, and large stores in excess of more than 500 sq.m. is suspended. It is understood that food retailers are excluded from the above regulation.
17. The operation of the aesthetic and tattoo centers is suspended.
18. The operation of hairdressers and barbershops is suspended.
19. The operation of the gyms is suspended.
20. The operation of the Driving Schools is suspended.
21. The operation of gambling and betting companies is suspended.
22. The operation of casinos is suspended.
23. The operation of swimming pools is suspended, with the exception of use by persons with disabilities for therapeutic purposes or for training of up to four people, including the coach.
24. The operation of gyms, swimming pools and spas inside hotels and tourist accommodation is allowed only to serve the persons who spend the night in the said premises.
25. The Port of Limassol will operate only for commercial transactions and activities. It is forbidden to disembark cruise ship passengers.
26. Training and sports events for persons under 18 years of age are suspended.
27. Training and sports events are suspended, with the exception of Division A championships and National Team matches.
28. The operation and use of organized sports facilities is prohibited, with the exceptions that will be defined in the relevant Decree.
29. Group sports and social activities for children under 18 years of age are prohibited, as defined in the relevant instructions issued by the Ministry of Health.