The health ministry on Thursday announced four deaths from Covid-19 and 158 new cases from PCR and rapid testing. which brings the bringing the total number of cases to 30,538.
Total 13,594 covid-19 tests performed today, 1,665 were made by the PCR method and 11,929 was rapid test, 158 cases of COVID-19 were detected, which resulted as follows:
- 38 cases out of 335 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 17 cases from 765 samples taken through private initiative.
- 7 cases from 271 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 96 cases from 11,929 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 146 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 122 samples taken from the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 26 samples taken from the immigrant housing control program.
The deaths concerned two men aged 88 and 55 and two women aged 75 and 73.
There are 153 people in the hospital of whom 51 are in serious condition.
The four people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- Man, 55 years old, with underlying disease, who ended up in the Nicosia General Hospital.
- An 88-year-old man with an underlying disease, who ended up at the Famagusta General Hospital.
- A woman, 75 years old, without reporting underlying diseases in the Medical Certificate of Causes of Death, which ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
- A woman, 73 years old, without reporting underlying diseases in the Medical Certificate of Causes of Death, which ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths due toCOVID-19 is 197, of which:
- 132 men (67%), and
- 65 women (33%). The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years