Who we are
Our website address is: https://daily-cyprus.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
First of all we are not selling any personally identifiable or not identifiable data.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Do we need your consent to process your sensitive personal data?
In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain sensitive personal data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent.
We strive to make sure that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept and destroyed securely including ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to protect your personal data to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
We use your personal data for some (or all, where relevant) of the following purposes:
- To deliver services including providing spend management solutions; spend control, data analysis, data reporting.
- To understand your needs to provide the services that you request and to understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services;
- To confirm your identity to provide some services;
- To contact you by post, email, telephone or using social media (e.g., Intercom, Facebook, Twitter);
- To help us to build up a picture of how we are performing;
- To enable us to meet all legal and statutory obligations and powers including any delegated functions;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To seek your views, opinions or comments;
- To notify you of changes to our facilities, services, events and staff;
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about new projects or initiatives;
- To allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your personal data we hold with none of the external controllers. Where each of the parties listed above are processing your data for their own independent purposes then each of us will be independently responsible to you and if you have any questions, wish to exercise any of your rights (see below) or wish to raise a complaint, you should do so directly to the relevant data controller.
We may collect and use User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- IP address of the web surfer visiting our advertisers’ websites through our website may be used and shared with our respective advertiser for statistical purposes.
- To improve customer service.
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience.
Other data controllers the company works with:
- Google – Through Google’s AdSense Platform
- Google – Through Google Analytics Platform
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
For more information, or if you have questions or concerns regarding Daily Cyprus privacy practices, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law/Forum Selection
All matters relating to your access to and use of the site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Cyprus and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Cypriot Courts.